MS Outlook is a very famous emailing app amongst working people. It has the best options for offices and businesses all over the world. No matter how amazing a system is there is always a chance of error. MS Outlook is no different, it has its fair share of showing errors. These errors occur due to certain reasons. MS Outlook facilitates its users to fix these problems. One of the errors that shows frequently on the screens of Outlook users is the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error.
Reasons Behind pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Error :
There is not a certain reason that can cause the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error in your Outlook app. There is a set of small reasons that might be causing the error. Here is what might be causing the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error:
- You might have installed Outlook incorrectly on the PC.
- Duplicate accounts can cause the error too.
- You have an old version of MS Outlook.
- A virus in the PC can also be the cause of pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6.
How to Fix pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Error ?
It is almost impossible to know the reason without checking a few ways to fix the error. You can start with harmless fixes that do not need any expertise. If they are not able to mend the error then you can move forward to extensive ways of getting rid of the error.
Here are a few ways that can help to handle the error situation in your PC.
Change the Requirements of the Server :
Here is how you can try to fix the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error by making some changes to the server requirements of Outlook.
- Go to your Outlook account using your computer.
- Now open the setting in your account.
- Go to the Email tab and open your main account for email.
- Here you have to click the setting to get into control of the account.
- Here click the SMTP and you will have to provide authentication.
- Once you are done with the whole process. Close your outlook account and open it again to check if the error is gone.
If error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 was a result of a difference in the settings, it will be fixed. If it does not get fixed then we will resort to other remedies.
Remove all the Duplicate Accounts :
This error can be the result of more than one account you might be using on your computer. Here is how you can deal with this problem.
- Go to the option of file in your Outlook account.
- Go to the account setting there.
- There will be the Email tab button, click it to move on.
- Now take a scan if there is any other email I’d that is being shown.
- In case you have found one or more than one account there then remove all those email accounts from your Outlook application.
- Now close the app and restart it to check if the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 is fixed.
If the error is fixed then it is confirmed that duplicate accounts were causing the error. To prevent this error in the future, always stick to your main account.
Antivirus Settings :
All of us have antivirus software installed to keep our system safe from viruses. This antivirus software interferes with other software and apps sometimes and causes malfunctioning. It can be a cause of the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error. Here is how you can deal with it.
- Go to your antivirus software.
- Now go to the option of settings and click on it.
- There will be an MS Outlook app in your antivirus. Go to the app and check if everything is fine.
- If you see any interference by the antivirus then remove it.
This would most likely solve the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error.
Server’s Port Number :
There can be a problem with the port number of the server. Let’s see how you can fix it.
- Go to your Outlook application on your computer.
- Go to the File tab and click the settings button.
- Open the email account you frequently use on your computer.
- When you click on your account, it will open in a separate window.
- There you will get the option of’ more settings, select this option.
- Click on the ‘internet email setting’ in the more options.
- Press the ‘advanced options ‘ button.
- Now change the SMTP port. You can change it to 587.
- Press the ‘Okay Button.
Now close the app and open it again to see if the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 is resolved.
Reinstall the App :
If none of the solutions works for you then you have this option to delta the already existing Outlook app and reinstall it on your PC. There is a chance that there is a problem in the old installation causing the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error. If you correctly reinstall the app the error will be gone.
Customer Support of Outlook :
MS Outlook has a very efficient customer support system. You can contact them and tell them your error. They will help you step by step to fix the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 in your Outlook.
It might bother you when you see the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error on your screen but you just need to stay calm and look for solutions. One of the above-given solutions will work for sure.